Friday, February 16, 2018

Spellbinders February Small Die Kit of the Month

Spellbinders has several different kit options to choose from each month. Its a great way to build up your die collection, not to mention convenient! There are many different options and price points, so if you haven't before, visit their website and learn more; Spellbinders Kit of the Month
I am excited to play with February 2018's small kit of the month! You can see it above. The kit contains 4 absolutely lovely border dies. They are about 5.5" in length and have intricate details. It felt like I was looking at several patterns of lace. So pretty!


My eye immediately was drawn to the die on the top. It looked like eyelet lace to me. That made me think spring, so I grabbed some stamps and created a springy card full of layers.

Four of the borders were cut from white cardstock. Each of the borders was adhered to a panel of white cardstock with glue. I trimmed the ends down to fit my card front. After adhering the gingham patterned paper to my stamped cardstock base, the lace panel was applied. Twine tied around the card was the finishing touch. 

Tip: when you have borders (where two different objects meet) on your projects, break up that border.

 I did that two different ways on this card. First way was separating the stamped panel from the die cut panel with the gingham patterned paper. The second way was the twine tied between the gingham patterned paper and the die cut panel. Bonus, as the twine added some softness for a different texture.

This is truly a lovely look! Its a fun kit with beautiful design elements!

Sincerely Yours,







1 comment:

Susie G. said...

Love your card. I just bought these dies and your "lace" has inspired me. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...